Program Code: TCCM/FD
Adult: 3,500 Baht
Child: 2,500 Baht (4-8 years. Under 4 years no charge.)
*Reservations require a 50% deposit in advance.
08.00 – 08.30 Pick-up from your hotel / Guest House.
09.00 Arrive at The Chang 1.
- Meet the team
- Receive safety lecture on how to behave when around the elephants.
- Visit the Elephant Cemetery and Education Building, where you will see an elephant’s skeleton, and learn some interesting facts about their bodies.
- Learn how to shred grass and mix it with herbal supplements and other ingredients, as a special food for the elephants. Feed the elephants.
- Visit the Elephant Pharmacy, where you can learn about the herbs used in the elephant’s medication, and also how to make Tamarind balls to feed the elephants with.
- Help cook sticky rice for the elephants, and wait for it to cool.
12.00 – 13.30 Lunch.
- Prepare sticky rice with herbal supplements, wrapped in a banana leaf. Meet each elephant, feed them the sticky rice, and learn about the history of each elephant.
- Observe the elephants as they bathe in the stream, and take a mud bath. Then take a walk with the elephants.
16.00 – Transfer back to your hotel / Guest House.
Please be aware that the elephants choose if they will take a mud bath or bathe in the stream. We don’t force them. Therefore, some activities may be subject to change at short notice.